CAT box clock source

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 16:08:54 EST

I wanted to ask someone who has used one about this..
To use it, you had to pull the uP out of the game
board and jumper the processor clock input to the ph2
clock output? The schematics for two games that I
looked at weren't really clear if it were possible
to jumper the clocks.. Or, did the clock source vary
depending on board type? It looks like it would be
possible to tell by pin 6 of the connector (CBCLKDIS)
if the CAT box uP clock was internally or externally
sourced.

Did someone say that they had the manual for the
HP 5004? I haven't used signature analysis before
for debugging.. Does it just recognize a repeating
pattern at a particular node in a circuit, or does
it generate a fixed 16 bit value based on some
number of input states?