Re: Sources for AM6012 & LF13201

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 19 1998 - 13:01:39 EST

>Clay Cowgill wrote:

>> I bought a bunch fo 6012's a while back (only to find out that they were
>> surface mount packages). I then just made a little circuit board that
>> converts the SOIC to a DIP package. I still have some left-- $7.50 a pop
>> if you want any. Probably $3 to ship.

>Is that $7.50 for the chip, or chip w/ socket? Or just the socket? ;-)

It's the whole little "module"-- chip mounted on the DIP adapter ready to
install. I'm sure some people on this list have bought some (I had 100 and
I'm down to about 20). Anybody install any yet? (I've been running them
in my Tempest for probably a year or so... no different from the regular
AM6012.)

I'd been buying the LF13201's for a while (on and off), but I have my sell
price at $2.50 each, so if Jameco has any for $1.25 still they're cheaper.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/