Re: Bulletproof your G-08!!! (Pipe dreaming)

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 14:37:10 EST

"I'm not going
to speak for the group, but I know that I would pay
good money for a G-08 upgrade (maybe a good platform to design
a whole new deflection board around, hint, hint...)"

yup... I'm tired of fixing them too..

The first thing would be to try to find schematics to
the late rev of the G08 board, where the kludge towers
for current limiting were removed, and all the obsolete
MPS Uxx parts were replaced.

I need to go through my pile of bad deflection transistors
and see exactly how they fail. From my last conversation
about this with the guy in the next cube over, he suspected
base->emitter faults due to the junction being reverse
biased due to high voltage 'flyback' at high slew rates.