RE: News group find ! NOS Star Trek kit !

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 17:50:55 EST

G'day folks,

See comments below.

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

>----------

Would this have been a Sundance game? Ed once told me that he knew of
one "in Georgia". But I told him to send it to me COD, since I knew
about his rep. Always wondered if that Sundance really existed and if
anyone really got it.

>but
>since I know where the game came from, I went to atlanta and went to Ed
>Saunder's work. He works at a place called Friends of Disabled Adults
>(FODA) in
>Stone Mountain, GA if anyone cares to bug him. Jim Rogers works there too.

Does anyone else think that the eye of public scrutiny, say a major TV
network, should get wind of this charity "to check it out"? Even if
Ed's just a peon in the organization, he's probably stealing and they
can make a story out of that. Anyone here in the vectorlist offer to
provide an interview to substantiate any questionable dealings that this
major TV network might find?

>Anyway. I went there to pick up a Deathrace and a Ripoff (all the games
>are in FODA's warehouse), and I saw all the other games he posted and
>supposedly sold, including Gaymond Lee's blaster duramold and that NOS
>star Trek Kit. I knew that both of them were sold before, and I asked to
>buy them. He said I could buy the ST kit for $500, I said no, knowing that
>it was sold before. He was basically wanting to sell everything but the
>blaster, because he said that was Gaymond's.
>
>I got my games and got out of there. This all took place in May of last
>year.
>
>If you happened to nitoce, NEAT-O-JUNK *IS* Ed Saunders trying to get back
>on, but he screwed up again and got pushed off right away. And now Tristan
>Mulrooney is trying to get in on the act. Tristan is an Aircraft Avionics
>Tech who has been trying to get in on the game business down in atlanta
>for 2 years now. All the "good" game dealers told him not to get involved
>because there just isn't enough money to do that for a living unless you
>have a good name. Because of this he just recently got involved with Ed,
>and I dont think he knows what he has gotten into. I am sure ED has led
>himn on with lies and asked him to sell the boards under his name.
>
>I would HIGHLY suggest NOT to buy boards from Tristan.
>
>There are a couple good guys to deal with from atlanta:
>
>David Countryman is alright, he is a wierd dude, but he ain't gonna screw
>anybody, 'cause he will have a nervous breakdown if he did.
>
>Retrodady seems like an alright dude too, he buys games from David.
>
>Steve Stewart. Steve is the guy who used to supply all the games to Ed and
>the clan, but now he wont. Also every game David C gets come from steve.
>Steve is a very highly respected guy down in the SE and most of the
>operators down there will only sell to him!

Hmmm...gotta call Steve Stewart about a Sundance!

>Steve will be getting onto the net very soon to sell games, he has about
>600 games right now and he needs to move them soon! There will be a post
>in RGVAM fairly soon, and there will be a webpage up soon for him also. I
>cant recommend Steve enough, he is a great guy. Done ask me what he has
>just yet.
>
>I think that will clear up anything reguarding the atlanta mess.

Thanks!