RE: 19K6400

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 12:17:34 EST

> there are higher current regulators available now than 7824's

Yeah, I just like the "buy it from Jameco/JDR" approach instead of
Marshall or Newark...

> you could also use one of the National tiny switchers, which
> would run a HELL of a lot cooler too..

True, but a lot of those use custom (or semi-custom) inductors. On the
other hand, they do (or did) have a little DOS app that lets you enter
your requirements and then designs a power supply for you (with all
inductor and cap values). Once upon a time they told us that they were
going to port it to their website... might be worth a look...

(for experimentation I have a couple huge old Wang switchers that had
+/-24V at a bazillion amps-- must have been for some big HD or floppy or
something.)

-Clay