fixing a newer g-05

From: Chris Cope <chrisc_at_dimensional.com>
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 10:43:34 EST

I've got an Asteroids with a newer G-05, the kind w/o the big
heatsinks. It has strange behavior. When an Asteroid or UFO is at the
bottom of the screen, the asteroid is "unwrapped" and looks like a wavey
line. As it moves up the screen, it forms into a circle. By the time it
is at mid-screen, it looks right.

This is not a logic board problem. I have swapped in two different
working boards. I have also put the suspect logic board in a working
game. All of these tests point at a monitor problem.

So can someone give me some deflection board tips. I have tested all four
of the major deflection transistors. One was bad and has been replaced.

Thanks.

Chris Cope