Re: Vectorbeam Question

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 14:50:35 EST

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:00:04 -0800, "Ozdemir, Steve" <sso@dsc.com> wrote:

>G'day folks,
>
>If you haven't moved the "VAR/NORM" jumper to the norm position on the
>Solar Quest boards, you'll need to do so. This may be why you are
>getting the funny vectors. The monitor from the Rip Off cocktail does
>NOT support variable intensity (nor color for that matter). Let us know
>if this is the solution...has anybody else every left a motherboard on
>"VAR" but used it with a monitor that doesn't support variable
>intensity?

I guess Steve's idea of moving the jumper is easier than finding a different
working CPU!! This could very well be the only problem.

>As far as I know only Cinematronics had rights to RipOff. They did
>licsence it though to other manufacturers. I'm sure Vectorbeam was NOT
>one of those manufacturers. Only Space War(s) was made both by
>Vectorbeam and Cinematronics.

When it comes to this kind of information I trust Steve more than anything I've
heard, especially since he's the source of most of my information!!

One thing I do know is that after Cinematronics re-merge with Vectorbeam, there
were a lot of Vectorbeam parts around. It could be that you have a Vectorbeam
monitor (and power supply, etc.) that was installed by Cinematronics using old
Vectorbeam stock at hand.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically