Re: Vectorbeam Question

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 18:37:59 EST

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:04:02 EST, Dangerwil@aol.com wrote:

>Well,
>
>The cabinet has a label inside that is stamped allied leisure Rip Off #227.
>The power supply is a vectorbeam with those damn circuit breakers. The
>monitor chassis has vectorbeam silkscreened on it. 19" b/w with a tie dye gel
>overlay. The monitor glass reads Centuri, Hialeah, Florida.

Hey I have one of those tie dyed gel overlays!! It was stuck in the back of a
Rockola Starcastle. It looked like shit on the Starcastle, it must of been a
Ripoff Overlay! (Do the colors look like they were screened like newspaper
print? Little dots that vary in size to change the intensity of the color?)

>I swear this thing was made in someone's garage. The coin entry was handmade,
>you can see where the sweated it together and the jaggedy cuts where they cut
>out for the coin mech. Similarly the legs are just square pipes welded
>together. The buttons look just like the old concave Gottlieb pinball
>buttons.

Sounds like the inside of a Speedfreak.

>As for it being trashed, nope I would say almost mint. Just a little flaking
>on the top glass. I know a guy, who having it, just might end up doing a
>little more with it then just sitting it in the corner and saying to his
>friends "look the only Rip Off cocktail known to exist" He just might invent
>some crazy board to let everybody play it.

You don't mean by that, that he's going to convert it to something else do you?
If so, what a shame... "Look the only Rip Off cocktail known to have existed."

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures