Star Wars troubleshooting?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 13:15:52 EST

Hi all,

So... While working on my display corrector I discovered I have a bad Z
output on a Star Wars AVG board.

Couple questions. Is a DAC-08 equivalent to an MC1408 or a DAC0801? I
thought I had a bad 74LS273 feeding the Z axis DAC, so I replaced that
but it still didn't work. Then it looked like the TL082 was bad (pegged
at -15V) so I replaced that. Still no joy. So I'm unsure of the DAC at
this point.

BUT, it looks like something else might have roasted too since
connecting the color outputs to a monitor results in a REALLY bright
(phosphor roasting) image. Well, the tube was burned in anyway, so I
guess it's no big loss... ;-)

Any ideas?

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager