Re: forward air

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 19:06:59 EST

Anders Knudsen wrote:

> At 02:40 PM 1/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/6996/forwardair.html
> >

> FYI. Jeff H told me that Forward Air no longer ships vids. I guess they had
> too many people making insurance claims on them for vids. Leave it to a few
> people to ruin it for everyone!
> Jeff H, who was it you recently used? Was it Land Air? or something.
>
> -Anders.

FA is denver has been really weird for about 3 months now. I tried to
ship some stuff
about 5 months ago and they told me I needed to have an account with
them to ship from
that depot, even though that is not the case with EVERY other FA depot.
  Anyway, after faxing and faxing my stuff to the corporate office and
never getting a response
from Mitzi Shaw. I finally talked to someone else who set up my account.
I figured everything
would be a breze from here on out..... not!
  I went to ship the game and the depot manager said they weren't
accepting any more accounts there.
I ended up talking to him for an extended amount of time being
frustrated and then all of a sudden
after I mentioned that I was shipping FCOD, he said I didn't need an
account and told me I could ship
whatever I wanted. That worked out fine, I was shipping stuff down there
about every two weeks from
"The game spot".
  Jeff Hendrix got ahold of me about 2 months ago wanting to ship a game
because when he talked to Tony,
jeff was informed that you needed an account and they were not setting
up any new accounts. I worked out
a deal with Jeff to ship his game for him under my account (which I have
done with another person in the area as well).
  I called forward air just to make sure everything was okay with my
next shipping load and the "accounts"
person said my account was 'under suspension' for unpaid freight
charges. Hmmmmmmm, I said "well I only ship games COD, how can I owe you
money?'. She replied, oh.... apparently the FA depot in Sacramento and
Pheonix didn't collect the COD amount on the last two games you
shipped". I really didn't see how that was my problem, being that I had
shipped them COD. She went on.. " Our guy up here forgot to mark the
games COD so they didn't know to collect the freight charges". Again,
well I really don't see where that is MY problem, it seems a bit more
like YOUR problem. "Well..." she went on again " we cant' allow you to
ship any more games out of here until the freight charges have been
paid". I supplied her with the phone #'s and names of the people that
the games were shipped too and that is basically the last I have talked
to them out of frustration.
  I wish there were other options in Denver, I would love to use them
instead of FA.
   There is my story... I don't like FA much.
      jess

--
Jess M. Askey            *** Coming Soon - The Game Archive ***
Game Spot/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *