Re: forward air

From: Dwight Anderson <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 12:54:02 EST

> I ended up using Land Air Express. When they gave me a quote, he asked me
> what forward air was going to charge and he just picked $20/100 lbs. When I
> took my game in, they provided the palette and the plastic wrap, I brought
> along a bunch of cardboard and we wrapped it all up. He asked me if I was
> given a quote and I told him what it was, so it ended up costing me $100 to
> ship a 488 lbs. star wars cockpit from Denver to Texas.
>
> They have ports in TX (lots of them), IL, MO, CO, MI, TN, OK, NE, UT, KY,
> KS and Toronto. They told me I would need to get an account if I wanted to
> ship any more games.
> Their main location is in KY, and their number is (502) 781-0655.

It is depot-specific. The Atlanta FA depot used to let you just drop off
games, and they would pallet and strap them for you. now you have to do
it all yourself. The depot up where I live in MN does not have the
facilities to strap and pallet games so you must do it yourself. but Lan
Air is the SAME COMPANY as FA. Forward Air does not air freight the games
around, they put them in Land Air Trucks and truck them
to their destination
(at least that is what they told me they do)

Jeff