Re: Display Corrector update...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 20:25:02 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:52:00 -0800 (PST), aek (Al Kossow) wrote:

>"> They correct for linearity. Images are drawn bigger near the edge of
>> a screen.
>"
>
>This seems to be exactly backwards from the curve trace that I took
>of the device last summer. As you increase the voltage, the current
>increases (roughly) x^2 (from memory). Since the part is between the
>deflection out and ground, I would assume that it would DECREASE the
>voltage output exponentially with voltage.

Yes, you are correct! You just read my email wrong (it's one of those confusing
sentences they warned you about in english class).

Images are drawn bigger near the edge of the screen when the VDR is *not*
installed. The VDRs are there to decrease the voltages as they near the edges
of the screen to compensate for the built in blooming effect.

Sorry about my lan gauge (at times I feel like english is my second language
even though I speak no other languages!)

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures