display corrector, VDR, etc...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 13:52:59 EST

Hi Guys,

I grabbed engineering's digital camera last night an took some pictures
for the display corrector. (As an aside, I think the digital camera
manufacturers are in cohoots with the battery manufacturers. Damn those
things suck the AA's fast!)

I snapped some pictures-- spent god-knows how long cleaning them up and
re-sizing in Photoshop and put together a web-page with the findings.
Look and see what you think. The x-linearity clamping with the VDR is
noticeable with "before and after" photos. I doubt you'd be able to see
it unless some game puts up a diagonal cross-hatch though.

Anyway, check it out--

http://www.e-volve.net/~clay/display.html

I also took a bunch of pictures of my games and more "mystery photo"
fodder, so I'll start that again sometime soon. ;-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia System, Inc.
\/ Communications Division