Re: Arkanoid spinners

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 16:42:23 EST

> I figured Clay or someone would know this off the top of
> their heads; are the spinners on Arkanoid quadrature encoders?
> Someone just posted on RGVAC wondering about the controls
> and I checked the pinouts I have on spies, and they show it
> as a "1P L" "1P R", which seems kind of odd...

Yes, they are quadrature encoders. It struck me funny that they
label them L/R. However, if the paddle was moving the wrong way
it's more intuitive that you must have L & R reversed than to
expect someone to understand the phase relationship.

BTW, last I checked Arkanoid was not a vector game ;-) But it could
make a nice Tempest programming project!

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.