RE: Arkanoid spinners

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 18:35:49 EST

> I figured Clay or someone would know this off the top of
> their heads; are the spinners on Arkanoid quadrature encoders?
> Someone just posted on RGVAC wondering about the controls
> and I checked the pinouts I have on spies, and they show it
> as a "1P L" "1P R", which seems kind of odd...

Think, think, think... Grrr. Brain full...

Well, I can say for sure that I was able to retrofit an Atari ST mouse
to work with an Arkanoid board. ;-) For that reason I want to say it's
a Clk+Direction arrangement. I don't think it was a quadrature input,
but that's the other possibility.

> Did you ever do anthing more on the "universal spinner" PIC
> Clay?

No, you know I just made the thing and never did figure out what I
should do with it. I should look it up again and build one to play with
on the Sega stuff.

-Clay