Re: Space War audio schematic

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Sat Feb 21 1998 - 13:02:33 EST

Everyone wants to know...

Ozdemir, Steve wrote:

> G'day Zonn (and folks),
>
> As I remember (and it's been getting faulty), Barrier's sound board is
> "organized" meaning there's some IC's in rows. Also, the Barrier sound
> board overall has a more "organized" feel to it when compared to the
> totally disorganized Space Wars sound board.

Just in case anyone wants to know, the sound board has the following
info printed PROMINANTLY on it "VECTORBEAM (C) 1978" and just below
"80-3001 C", then a hand printed code, this one is Sn084-051. There is a
7406, TLI82, and 5 TL081CP's. One adjustment pot and a nine-pin
power/speaker connector on the sound board.

> Of course, there's one person (possibly two if the other person's
> Barrier has arrived) on this email list who can speak about Barrier with
> authority. I'll leave it for them to confirm or deny my vague
> recollections of the one Barrier that I saw three years ago.
>
> Steven S Ozdemir
> sso@plpt.com (my company renamed itself in Feb)
> sso@dsc.com (good for a few more months)
> ozdemir@xenon.stanford.edu (permanent...weekly)
>
> ps - By the way, if anyone does have questions about Barrier, I may be
> in a position to take a look at one in two weeks. Let me know what you
> want to know about it, and I'll make sure to do that research. I'm
> curious if the Barrier power supply has a 15 pin connector instead of
> the more typical 12 pin connector on most other Cinematronics/Vectorbeam
> power supplies. (I'll have to check my Warrior that also has a 15 pin
> connector to see if it has that typical extra 3 or 4 pin connector that
> most other Cinematronics/Vectorbeam power supplies. Folding the extra
> connector into the 12 pin connector would explain how they got a 15 pin
> connector for Warrior and possibly Barrier.)

The barrier that I am shipping (soon) has a 15 pin connector on the
power supply, but only the first nine (9) pins are actually used...

Just for the curious..
John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com