RE: Exorcisor on a chip

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 11:50:03 EST

G'day Joe,

Cool...I was considering this for a FPGA project, but your PLD
implementation of the project seems much more appropriate. Have you
tested it out to see if you can locate a fault (and fix it)? You might
want to get some experience at this before remanufacturing this. Sorta
work out any last kinks...

If you have a shortage of broken Cinematronics motherboards, I'm sure
some folks on this list might have some they'd be willing to let you
practice on. Heck, they might end up with working boards after your
experimentation, eh? My hat's off to both you and David Fish for making
this remanufacturing of the Cinematronics Exercisor possible!

               Steven S Ozdemir
               sso@plpt.com (my company renamed itself in Feb)
               sso@dsc.com (good for a few more months)
               ozdemir@xenon.stanford.edu (permanent...weekly)

ps - If your price is cheap enough, I'd buy one just as a back up. Do
you have an idea of what it'll cost? $50?? $100??? Is it possible to
solder directly to a socket and forgo the PCB....I'm envisioning a hack
job where you use long wiring harnesses and gather them up close to the
socket with several wireties. Then encase the whole thing in electrical
tape (maybe adding something to give structure to the bundle of wires
and the actual chip...well, that'd be just like a PCB right? 8^) 8^)
8^)).