Re: Board tester board...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 18:54:20 EST

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:21:07 -0800, Clay Cowgill <ClayC@diamondmm.com> wrote:

>The thing I can't decide is how to do the test points. I want to have
>at least 3 or 4 points on each trace coming off the connector so that
>you have plenty of posts to connect aligator clips to when testing. Do
>you think that standard .1" header posts are good enough? Maybe on .2"
>spacing? (So I'm thinking of getting 8 pin DIP headers, removing every
>other pin to make room for clips, and putting one of those on each trace
> from the edge connector.) Heavier "posts" (like Atari's test points)
>are comparitively spendy and take up a lot of PCB space.

Instead of 8 pin DIP headers, how about inverted 8 pin wirewrap sockets? (Mount
the socket under the board with the wire wrap pins sticking up from the bottom,
same cutting every other one deal).

It's the same idea as yours, but the wire wrap posts are thicker and will take
more abuse.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically