Go5 Transistors

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 14:24:27 EST

        So, I'm working on a few G05s, and I've got a few questions,
hopefully someone can help me out with...

        Has anybody ever seen TIS98 transistors used in the deflection
amps of those? The manual says that that is the replacement transistor,
but I've only ever seen TPS98 transistors on the actual board.
I found a bunch of TIS98 transistors, so I hope they will work. TIS98 and
TPS98 cross to different NTE/ECG part numbers, so that's why I'm a little
concerned...

        Also, does anybody know a good source for MPS-U07 transistors?
MCM has them for like $2 a pop, but that's not much (if at all) cheaper
then their NTE/ECG replacement. Since I've already cleaned out all the
electronics stores in Austin of the NTE/ECG parts, I need to order some,
and I figure it might as well be the real deal...

        Finally, I've got a wierd deflection board problem on one of the
boards I'm trying to fix. I get a picture just fine, but it is much
smaller (shrunk evenly along all 4 deflection axes) so that it is only
about half its size, or less. THe picture is perfect, clear, etc, but
just smaller. Now, this is definitely a deflection board problem, because
it moves with the deflection board (I orignally thought it was a HV board
problem -- high HV or something like that...) I've done the usualy stuff
-- solder joints, etc, but I'm sort of at a loss. SInce it's affecting
each axis equally, I thought it might be a power supply problem, but the
G05 doesn't have a LV power-supply like the WG 6100, etc. There's just a
bridge rectifier and a few caps. I guess it's time to start measuring
voltages, but if anyone's seen this before, I'd appreciate the help..

Thanks,

Joe