Re: Cinematronics multigame?

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortel.ca>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 18:48:00 EST

In message "Cinematronics multigame?", phkahler@Oakland.edu writes:

> Someone said it'd be nice if Armor Attack could draw it's own playfield.
> That's probably not possible on real hardware because there's too much
> vector length. The code to draw it is very short, but it spends a lot
> of time waiting for the lines to draw.

We've been pondering the same question down here.
Using a G08 and tweaking the color board to use a faster slew rate
might give you enough umf <sp?> to draw it all.

> The one thing I really want to do still is colorize Star Castle...

Perhaps Ted Turner can help. Or, again, see G08 comment above.

> BTW, if you're far enough along for me to be stepping on toes here,
> I won't write a menu :-)

Getting this platform to draw *anything* at all is a great accomplishment,
I think more akin to black magic than rocket science. The emulator needs
a red "light" to tell you when you've "poped" the breakers! :)

> BTW, what was the proposed game list?
> Star Castle
> War of the Worlds
> RipOff
> Armor Attack
> and...

All the rest!

The board I'm using now has a few megs on it and can easily hold all of
the games, plus my menu, plus any diagnostic code anyone cares to write.
Once you hit the 32 pin EPROM, space is no longer a problem.

Speaking of diagnostic code, was the color test code ever put up on the web?

BTW, who knows how to switch TG out of analog mode?

Cheers,
Mark