RE: Cinematronics multigame?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Sat Mar 14 1998 - 22:17:12 EST

> I have been dabbling a bit with ORCAD, and have started a Color
> conversion board
> schematic...

Good to know, I'll keep away from that then. So what are they using all
those stinking op-amps for on Boxing Bugs' WG convertor board? I'm
using a 2n3904 with some resistors to make a cheap-o D/A for color
generation with good results so far. (Kinda stole the idea from Quantum
and just added more bits of resolution.)

> But your right, reproducing those sound cards is *awfully* difficult.
> If you
> think you can do it, well go ahead, but I just think your going to be
> in for
> some major disappointments. I personally think your doomed to
> failure...

Don't look at me! I'm all for making a multi-voice sample playback
board and using that on both the Cinemat stuff and the Sega stuff (Space
Fury, Zektor, Eliminator). TI DSP assembly language kinda spooks me, so
I'll probably mess with the Analog Devices 2181 I mentioned earlier for
now...

> (But if you do *manage* to pull it off, I'd be interested in a
> Barrier! :^)

:-)

-Clay