Re: Tempest controller ball bearing retrofit

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 10:24:35 EST

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Joel Rosenzweig wrote:

> Last week, I wrote about my experiment to replace the bushings in the
> Tempest controller with ball bearings.

I actually ment to post this a while ago.

If you can't find the teflon grease people are mentioning, I've found that
good old Radio Shack Color TV Tuner Cleaner and Lubricant works great --
cleans out any crap that is in there, stops the Brrrrr noise, and makes it
spin longer.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/