Fw: CineMenu Code

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_fastlane.net>
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 13:46:04 EST

Hi Paul,

I copied the group on this because I thought some other people might be interested.

> BTW, how many games can this select? (i.e. how many bits get output to
> hardware) I'll probably know when I look up the rest of the opcodes... I was hoping
> to be able to output a separate some day to add Space Duel to the menu and have
> some hardware to switch all the video and audio... :-)

The Cinematronics Multigame supports up to half a megabyte of addressable space.
There is a very small MMU, which divides the space into 8k blocks. The MMU can
also link groups of 2 or 4, 8k blocks to create larger 16k and 32k areas for games
like AA and BB. It also translates the various paging schemes used by the Cinematronics
CPU into a linear address.

So the answer to your question is, the number of games depends on the size of the games.

You can have:
up to 64 8k games
up to 32 16k games
or up to 16 32k games

or any combination until you use up all of the half megabyte on the card.

Needless to say it easily fits all of the games.

-Mark