RE: Why no Williams vector games?

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 18:47:05 EST

G'day folks,

Well, if you consider Midway to be "Williams", then Omega Race would be
there only game. Funny, that Mark is asking this. I was wondering the
same thing a couple days ago.

Maybe Kurt or some of the old timers that I've met at Williams back in
92 can enlighten us? The simplest guess would be that Eugene did fine
with raster tech, and there wasn't much more going on in Williams back
then except his stuff. But I'm only speculating at this point.

(Hey, Mark. You're in Chicago...if Cary shows up at Rick's this
weekend, ask him for me.)

               Steven S Ozdemir
               sso@plpt.com (my company renamed itself in Feb)
               sso@dsc.com (good for a few more months)
               ozdemir@xenon.stanford.edu (permanent...weekly)

ps - I could make references to being gun shy after the Star Rider
fiasco in laser, but that happened in the early to mid 80's long after
the vector craze.