Re: ISA Vector card already done...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 12:43:29 EST

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:18:59 -0800, Clay Cowgill <ClayC@diamondmm.com> wrote:

>Once again, my comment was based on direct observation while using the
>WG6100. I was driving the Sega G-80 hardware with the color guns
>hardwired "on" and jumping to new locations (seeing what the monitor
>would do). So this is just a new X and Y Voltage instantly appearing
>and seeing what the monitor "draws" to get to the new point. No other
>integration hardware involved other than the behavior of the deflection
>amps. I'd suspect it varies from monitor to monitor too...

Sounds like yoke inductance to me. One of the two big differences between the
G-80 and the WG that allows for faster speeds on the G-80 is fewer yoke winds,
hence less inductance. The other was higher supply voltages which allows faster
charging of the yoke inductance. Of course, lower inductance + high voltages =
higher currents = higher fire hazard.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically