Re: WTB: Dedicated Major Havoc (A Story)

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 16:31:03 EST

I'm just going to answer everyone at once, rather than start a message
storm:

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Paul Kahler wrote:

> That's the funniest thing I heard all week! Who the heck wants a $*#% Hummer?
> Does it have the big Iron rings protruding through the hood? You can hook

Yes it does -- I was wondering what those hooks were for.

Evidently, quite a few people want them. I'm right outside NYC. I see a few
of them driving around Manhattan. I also see one just about every time I'm
at Home Depot. Contracors love them.

They are an ego-rush to drive. Reality does set in however. I can't aford
the taxes for winning it, much less insurance, even if I do make it a
company car.

Mit: There were like 25 sponsors of the thing. Don't know how much each
paid though.

Steve: Off-hand I would guess 500 entries, out of maybe 2000 ISPs there. You
had to be present to win, and a bunch of people were leaving early.

The purpose of the give=away it to get you to visit the vendor booths to get
those stamps. I think it does serve it's purpose that way. And hell, I get
money out of it, so it's not all THAT silly.

So give me a few weeks to sell it, then I'll be looking for the dedicated
MH for real.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/