Re: question, and SW/ESB kit update...

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 08:41:06 EST

You wrote:
> > Gottlieb.info: * GV-100 Reactor uses a MA-289 board which looks very
> > similar to the
> > Gottlieb.info: * GV-102 Mad Planets
> > Gottlieb.info: * GV-103 Q*bert
> > Gottlieb.info: * GV-104
> > Gottlieb.info: * GV-105 Krull test16, step 17
> >
> > what do the roms say (probably GV 103)
> >
> *Doh!* Two bloody Q*Berts... *grumble* Was hoping for Reactor. Oh,
> well! :-)

I have a Q*Bert and Reactor. The boards appear to be identical, except
Reactor interfaces to a track ball through a small ~4 IC PCB. I've been told
that otherwise it is a ROM swap (I haven't done the rigorous side by side
comparison).

As others have mentioned, the sound board is seperate and interfaces to the
main board through the monster edge connector. I believe QBert and Reactor use
the same sound board as well (ROM swap)

Reason I'm posting this is so someone can tell me I'm wrong before I go and
try to get my Reactor going ;-)

Ray