Re: Star Castle Cabinet

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 13:44:08 EST

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:52:10 GMT, jeffh@diac.com (Jeff Hendrix) wrote:

>I just bought another star castle and the cabinet doesn't look anything
>like the standard star castle cabinet. The marquee looks nothing the the
>regular one, but it looks like a production piece. Also, the side are on
>the side doesn't have the name of the game on it, but it does have some
>ships in a battle.
>
>Question is, did they make 2 different cabinets for this game?

I have a Rock-o-la Star Castle, but it looks almost identical to the
Cinematronics Star Castle. It's built much better, and says "Rock-o-la" where
it would normally say "Cinematronics". The control panel has some pictures of
what the buttons do, where Cinematronics has none.

I guess Rock-o-la had the foreign distribution rights or something (That'd be a
Steve O. kinda question), so the tougher cabinet, plastic tubing for all the
electrical wires, and the pictures on the control panel were probably all there
for different countries electrical standards, etc.

I'd check to see if you got one of those Japanese clones. Check out the monitor
and boards, the Japanese moved the DACs from the monitor to the main boards.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures