RE: More Star Castle info

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 17:50:46 EST

G'day folks,

I've found upgraded Space Wars board (with no LED) running Rip Off in a
Rip Off cabinet. Turns out that Cinematronics would take every
opportunity to reuse parts that had been returned and repaired. This
might explain your jumpers.

Also Warrior has a wire going to each EPROM, but this had more to do
with the 2532s, masked ROMs and Vectorbeam boards as I remember. Don't
quote me on that as my memory has gotten vague. Need to get my
Cinematronics boxes out of storage to refresh it! Maybe Zonn or Paul
could continue the discussion regarding that EPROM wiring mod from this
era?

Didn't Rip Off and Armor Attack have start buttons in the middle?
Sounds to me like you have a pieced together Star Castle using an old
Space Wars mother board and a Rip Off control panel. Given how
Cinematronics operated (and perhaps Centuri), this hack job still could
have been done at the manufacturer.

Check out the name on the motherboard...I'm betting it'll either be a
Space Wars or Vectorbeam board.

               Steven S Ozdemir
               sso@plpt.com (my company renamed itself in Feb)
               sso@dsc.com (good for a few more months)
               ozdemir@xenon.stanford.edu (permanent...weekly)

ps - I never did check out the dip switches on that Rip Off on a Space
Wars motherboard. They must have desoldered the small dip to put the 8
dip package. Funny that I didn't verify that...