RE: More Star Castle info

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 11:37:59 EST

> Speaking of Star Castle, a friend of mine just bought one, and upon
> delivery, all he seems to be getting is powere to the monitor, and
> popping
> sounds from the speaker when, and I did not recommend he do this, taps
> on
> the power supply. I know little to nothing about it, so have not gone
> look at the game and garner further info yet, but was wondering where
> should tell hm to start.

Huh. I'd suspect cold solder joints or loose cables/connectors on the
power supply. (Tapping on it makes a brief connection and gets power to
the audio amps briefly resulting in the "pops".)

Check the voltage rails to see if the voltages are right-- if any are
missing or off I'd give the power-supply a thorough visual inspection
and see if you can spot loose connections and/or broken solder joints.

-Clay