Re: Cine/VB game release dates

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Sat Apr 04 1998 - 02:04:34 EST

This weird star castle that I have has a date written on the motherboard of
12/5/78.
Maybe I'll pop out the roms and stick them in my working star castle board
and see if it looks any different.

I looked at the motherboard and it says cinematronics (not vectorbeam).
And the cabinet is not a converted rip off or armor attack cabinet.

-jeff

>I'm slowly trying to fill in the month of release for the
>games in the bronzeage list, and thought maybe someone on
>this list would know 1) when the cine - vectorbeam split
>happened and vectorbeam's Space War came out, 2) when
>they merged again, and if these release dates are right
>
>Space Wars cin Oct,1977 (AMOA show)
>Space War vb ??,1978 ?
>Scramble vb Oct,1978 (mentioned in AMOA show summary)
>Barrier vb ??,1979
>Speed Freak vb Mar,1979 (mentioned in Vending Times)
>Star Hawk cin Mar,1979 (mentioned in Vending Times)
>Sundance cin Oct,1979 (AMOA show)
>Tail gunner cin Oct,1979 (AMOA show)
>Warrior vb Oct,1979 (AMOA show)
>War of the Worlds cin ??.1979
>Rip Off cin Apr,1980 (vending times)
>Rip Off (ct) centuri Oct,1980 (AMOA show)
>Star Castle cin Sep,1980 (vending times)
>Star Castle rockola Dec,1980 (vending times)
>TG II exidy ??

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade Classic Video Arcade Games
www.diac.com/~jeffh/