RE: Battlezone

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 18:40:33 EDT

> Is there any way to read in the data from the ram chip. Then you
> would at least have an archive of the data and you could always whip
> up a
> circuit to reprogram a new device (you might even be able to use an
> eprom
> burner). Or maybe even come up with a way to store the important stuff
> on a
> ROM chip.

I think that would be too easy. ;-) I don't have my boardsets yet so I
can't say for sure, but it sounds like the RAM is on the CPU. I'm
hoping that it's just data and not executable space... Anybody that
wants to try to crack this thing, feel free to join in, though not on
Vectorlist. (It's Doug Jeffrys' and I right now...)

Hey Al-- any interest in a game-hacker mailing list? There's lots to be
done (Super Missile Attack, The Glob, Buster Bros. etc.)

> BTW: what kind of game is Buster Bros?

It's a raster game-- maybe 1990 or so. Two players simultaneous if you
like. You have a little "dude" that can shoot these giant bubbles. The
bubbles break into two smaller pieces ('ala Asteroids) each time they're
shot. It's tough to describe. Kinda half puzzle-game, half arcade
game. Good fun, IMHO.

-Clay