Re: WTT: my B&W XY defl. PCBs for your HV units!

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 00:55:45 EDT

Gregg Woodcock wrote:

> Well I had an AMAZING run of repair work this weekend. I went over about a
> dozen deflection boards for Atari (analog) black and white vector monitors
> and when I tested them, THEY ALL WORKED!!! This was my best repair session
> EVER. Anyways, I now have several versions of each style deflection board
> available for trade in exchange for HV units. I'll take any style HV unit,
> working, untested or not-working (but can't be a bad HV "flyback"
> transformer). I have the most of the Wells-Gardner version. Will also
> sell these or trade for other interesting stuff.
>
> Also, I have learned a LOT about these boards and will be typing in what I
> can remember and took notes on. Even easier to work on than the color
> ones! Found out some interesting stuff...

Yes, these are easy to fix. Generally if you resolder ALL the pins you
will take care of most problems...what we do is make sure that the pins
stick throught the circuit boards at least 1/16inch. This ensures a good
mound of solder to support the pin and reduce the likelihood of cracks
in the solder connections.

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com