CodeWarrior

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 03:54:30 EDT

For anyone that's interested, here are the release note for CodeWarrior Pro 2.

-jeff

Welcome To CodeWarriorŪ Professional, Release 2

This release brings you the latest multi-host, multi-language, multi-target
developer tools from Metrowerks. CodeWarrior provides you with unmatched
value, choice, and flexibility in software development.

We've worked hard to bring this release of CodeWarrior to you. We hope it
serves you well. You'll find the latest information about all Metrowerks
products at the Metrowerks Web page, <http://www.metrowerks.com>.

To help you get started using this software, read the QuickStart guide at
the top level of this CD-ROM.

If you are new to CodeWarrior, check out the CodeWarrior Core Tutorials in
the documentation directory. The tutorials take you on a guided tour of
some of the major components of CodeWarrior. They introduce you to basic
skills using the IDE, project manager, editor, and debugger.

The CodeWarrior Tools

The Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is the center of CodeWarrior
software development. This powerful IDE combines a sophisticated project
manager, friendly source-code editor, and multi-language code browser
together with advanced compilers and linkers. In CodeWarrior Professional,
these tools let you choose your:

* host - Windows 95/NT and Mac OS computers;

* language - C, C++, Java, Pascal, and Assembly;

* target - Windows 95/NT, Mac OS, and Java Virtual Machine.

This single IDE also supports development for a variety of other target
processors and operating systems, using plugin compilers and linkers
(available in other CodeWarrior products).

CodeWarrior is more than the IDE. CodeWarrior includes a multi-language
source-code debugger that lets you work in any of the supported languages.
Of course, every CodeWarrior product also includes other utilities and
libraries you need to program for the targets supported in that product.

CodeWarrior Never Stops Getting Better

Every release of CodeWarrior provides new features and improvements across
the entire suite of tools. Read the "What's New in CWPro" document at the
top level of your CD for a comprehensive list of the latest and greatest
improvements. Some of the highlights for this release include:

* project files that are interchangeable between Windows and Mac;

* the ability to compare two source files, see the differences
   graphically, and merge changes;

* a "current target" column in the project window that
   - shows you whether a file belongs to the current target and
   - lets you easily add or remove any file from the current target;

* a code browser that works across targets and subprojects;

* version 2.0 of our C/C++ compiler, which supports namespaces
   and has improved template support.

We Listen, We Act

We at Metrowerks are strongly committed to your satisfaction. As part of
that commitment, we are interested in what you have to say about this
software. Many of the features and improvements you see with each release
are inspired by your suggestions.

You can contact us through e-mail, newsgroups, the World Wide Web, and our
forum on CompuServe. You can also reach us by voice or fax. For details on
contacting Metrowerks, browse our web page, or see the front of any
CodeWarrior manual.

I welcome and encourage comments. You can contact me directly by sending
e-mail to prez@metrowerks.com.

Drop us a line to let us know how we're doing. We'll listen and we'll act.

Greg Galanos
President & Chief Technology Officer
Metrowerks Corporation

October 8, 1997

Metrowerks, the Metrowerks logo, CodeWarrior, and PowerPlant are registered
trademarks of Metrowerks Inc. CodeWarrior Constructor, Geekware,
PowerParts, and Discover Programming are trademarks of Metrowerks Inc. All
other trademarks are hereby recognized as the property of their respective
owners.

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/