Newbie laundry list of Tempest Questions

From: Gregory Maser <gemaser_at_radiks.net>
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 23:32:42 EDT

Hi Everyone,

My name is Greg and I just acquired an Upright Tempest Machine. I have a
few questions regarding my baby if anyone has a sec..

1). The wife and I were playing it tonite and it blinked out on us for a
second then went back to attract mode with all the high scores wiped out
but my top three. Today was the first time that it has done that while I
have had it and and it did it again a little later.

2.) I had the back off and was looking around while I had it on and the
white box on the back of the monitor chassis that has the focus and screen
knobs sounded like it was crackling. Is this normal?

3.) And finally, I noticed that she puts out a lot of heat through the
handle holes on the back and a little through the grill below the marquee.
 I was thinking of putting some venting on the back piece of particle board
and installing some fans to draw some air through. Has anyone else done
that?

I really love my new toy and have found the list to be really interesting
and helpful, I just wish I knew a little nore about electronics to
understand it all.

GregM.
gemaser@radiks.net