Display Corrector works!

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 15:44:14 EDT

Hey all,

I fired up one of the Display Corrector boards last night. It worked
first try! (Batting about .500 when it comes to PCB's. ;-)

Anyway, I put a picture of the board up at:

http://www.e-volve.net/~clay/display.html

I've got about 10 of this first run to sell off before I change designs.
I think the next run I do I won't put the input op-amp circuitry down to
save some $$$ on the boards, so if you want one that has input amps you
might want to get one of these from me (for use on something other than
Star Wars). I think I can get some MC1495D's at about $4 a pop to use
on these boards, so I'm thinking of something like:

$20 bare board with bill of materials, schematic, and parts placement
drawing-- you supply the rest. (No warranty! You build it wrong and
mess it up, it's not my fault!)

$30 board with surface mount parts populated (MC1495's and op-amp) and
docs. (No warranty! You build it wrong and mess it up, it's not my
fault!)

$35 fully assembled and tested. (Normal Clay Warranty--I'll help you to
the best of my ability if you ever have problems with it.)

Let me know if any of you want one of these. I'll re-iterate that these
will probably bee the only "universal" ones I make. I think I'll just
do 'em for Star Wars and Major Havoc from now on since it's
easier/cheaper to do that way...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia System, Inc.