Re: Star Trek G-08 Tips

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 15:09:18 EDT

David Shuman wrote:

> > I am getting a working Star Trek Cockpit tomorrow, anyone have any tips on
> > how to attempt, if possible, to prolong the life of the monitor?

The responses so far cover much of my experience too, but just a side
point, one of the reasons that the Electrohome Monitor got a reputation
of blowing up was caused by the !@#$!@$@! game power power supply going
intermittant. The power connectors would drive the MPU crazy and the
drifting ground reference point would send the monitor into vast
overdrive problems on the input, killing the output transistors. The
moral is, for Vector based games, MAKE VERY SURE THAT THE GROUND
CONNECTIONS ARE ROCK SOLID.

           ***Overkill is called for here. ***

Sorry about yelling, but this will cure many monitors with "strange"
problems. The input protection wouldn't hurt either but it assumed that
the game board power (and ground) was good...

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com