Re: Tech: Star Wars has partial graphics

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_home.com>
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 07:46:51 EDT

I've had to fix two boardsets with the bad mathbox
prom problem. Strangely enough, they were both the
"top-most" relative to how you place them in the
enclosure. I wonder if that's the hottest place
and therefore that one dies first, especially if
the fan is broken.

Also, if this is the problem, it's probably a good
idea to replace them all. I was amazed at how much
colder the newer PROMs would run compared to the
original ones. Made me feel better ;)

-Frank