Re: Sega Speech Board Crystals

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 09:59:19 EDT

jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Does anybody know of a source for or have any extra 3.12
> MHz crystals (like those used in G-80 Speech Boards?)
>
> I found a 3.159xxx crystal, but it's in a bigger package,
> and all I got was static when I put it in my speech board. I also
> tried a 3.00 MHz crystal (in a smaller package) and the speech board
> stopped producing sound entirely.
>
> Any help would be appreciated...
>
> Joe

> Joseph J. Welser jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
> Design Engineer -- Crystal Semiconductor Corporation
> Ph.D. Student in E.E. -- University of Texas at Austin
> Work: jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com http://www.crystal.com
> P.O. Box 17847; Austin, TX 78760

Hi Joe!

It doesn't make sense that the speach board would not work with the
wrong crystal. I could understand slow speech or distortion, but I
thought it was "independent" of the game MPU after it received an
instruction to say something.

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com