over-kill power supplies...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 14:12:26 EDT

Hi all,

Figured some of you might want first crack at these...

A couple years ago my project here was a rack-mount modem server. It
held 12 VME-bus sized dual modem cards, a busy out card, and a
supervisor module. Each "rack" is the standard 19" wide module with a
fan tray (three super-quiet AC fans) built into the bottom. Now the
interesting part.

Each Rack has two, hot-swappable, redundant, current sharing DC power
supplies (150 watts each). They supply +5 (24A?), +12 (1A), -12 (1A).

Anyway, before I drag them off to the local surplus place I thought some
of you might want them. The racks were built by Lucent Technologies,
and the power supplies by CEC in California. They're kinda big and
heavy, but if anyone wants one...

I'll sell 'em for a little less than $0.01 on the dollar, so that's
about $40 a rack. (I'll let you do the math backwards... ;-) Figure $15
for shipping (they are heavy). Add another $20 and I'll stick 12
dual-modem cards in them before I ship it... They won't work, but they
have good switches and LEDs and other parts (self-healing fuses, lots of
analog stuff, etc.) on them.

The fans and power supplies are the best parts, but there's a bunch of
DB-9 connectors and other "stuff" inside as well.

Anyway, e-mail me at clayc@diamondmm.com if you want one of these
beasts. I think I have 6 or 8?

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager