Re: Asteroids add-on board

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 00:40:03 EDT

Al Kossow wrote:

> I was digging through my storage locker and came upon a
> Asteroids board that had the switch settings for that
> little add-on board that came up on here a month or so
> ago. It plugs into a DIP socket at C5
>
> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
> 4 increments on
> 5 increments on
> 6 increments on
> 22 seconds on
> 45 seconds on
> 1.5 minutes on
> 3.0 minutes on
>
> now you know as much about it as I do :-)
>
> maybe John R remembers it. sort of sounds like a
> game time limiter.

Nope, I don't recall this one. We did make a few mods to games years ago
that would change the NMI timing to speed up the play , and I recall
hearing about an add-on circuit that would do it automatically, so
perhaps this is what you have. However I have no idea what little board
you are speaking of, so...

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com