Re: O-scope Question

From: Todd Miller <litterbox_at_netconx.net>
Date: Mon Jun 29 1998 - 09:19:10 EDT

Sure it is ! They both would make an excellent X-Y monitor. Get
the logic working first using a scope as a monitor so you don't fry
the real thing. I have both of the following;

2225, similar to the 2213 but only 50 MHz &
465A, similar to the 475 but only 100 Mhz (a 475 is 200 Mhz)

Personally I use the 2225 as an X-Y monitor and use the 465 for
looking at logic, its trigger is more stable and best over all.
It can also depends on what use have to pay for them, I picked up
the 2225 for $200 off the net & 2 465's (1 working & 1 DOA)
for $80 total at an auction. Check out their specs at;

http://www.tucker.com/ComPages/com_mi78.html

I'd go for the 200 Mhz myself, I think the quality of the older Tek
stuff is better than some of the newer low end stuff.

--
Thanks
Todd