RE: Amazing...

From: William A. Nerini <wnerini_at_slewpy.drf.com>
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 10:10:41 EDT

Yeah, I've trolled Ebay for awhile, used it to get all the Console and
computer systems I've wanted since age 10. Fortunately i got most of what I
wanted before people discovered Ebay. Since then I'm continually stunned by
what stuff goes for on that place. I saw a Vectrex Pole Position Cart end
at $198.00 Now whether that transaction went through... There's alot of
uncompleted sales on EBay. I'm guilty of it myself. At least for myself, I
recognize the value of the collector community. My Rip Off is on the way,
I'm stoked. I was watching the Missile Command on Ebay. Two days ago: $275
Final price: $660. I'm willing to bet at least $100 of that was in the last
10 minutes of the auction. IMNSHO, people don't want to get beat out at the
last minute and _that's_ the secret to EBay's high prices.