RE: Cat Box

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 15:47:40 EDT

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech) wrote:

> So we would have to have a set of latches to pretend they were the switch
> matrix. Not too tough.
> And we would have to have a set of latches to pretend they were the
> display's. Once again not to bad.

        Why are any latches needed?

        Just send the signals from/to the Parallel Port. Some line
drivers (LS244) may be needed to drive the data to the PC. I made that
mistake with the Exorcisor.

> The XOR's for the probes are still needed but could perhaps be moved into
> the "chip". Joe?

        I think so....what do those actually do? I noticed those
on the schematic but just never paid any attention? Are they to
invert the polarity of signals in certain modes?

Joe