RE: Cat Box

From: David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech) <a-dashoe_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 16:44:07 EDT

> Hi David!
Hey John.

> I would rather recommend that this be built to run off of an AT bus
> card. The reason is that one could then test the board under closer to
> game memory speeds, and this is often a problem. Memory can work when
> run slow, but fails when run at rated speed. Also the tests would be
> much faster... It would not require a major design job to kludge up an
> interface card...

All we are doing here is figuring out the design of the "Controls" portion
of the existing Cat Box design. The testing of the board in question is
still being done by the CB. This point we are trying to figure out how to
tell it just what we want it to do this time.

As for ISA design, I have never done it therefor I am going on what I
personally have at least a clue on. If you or anyone else can come up with
the design great, let me know where to send the $ when your done. I am just
trying to help the current push on Joe's part along in the only way I can :)

I am under no delusion that I have the best idea on how to do this or even
my chance of success. After reading this list over the past year I just
want to try to return something for what I have gotten.

        David