Re: G08 Parts.

From: Corey Stup <cstup_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 13:58:33 EDT

> Actually I've always done things differently. I'm not in this to make
> money. To me its a hobby (ok, its getting a little out of control, but.. :)
> I do recognize that for some it isn't and there's nothing wrong with that --
> I've worked in arcades fixing games and I've worked for williams writing
> software for the games.. But for me I hate auctions. If I'm selling
> something I offer it at a price I think is fair. I give first dibs to
> people I know/owe favors to. Then I just do it by timestamp.

Fair enuff. To each his own. Actually, a lot of your comments would
actually reflect on me as well. I would also make sure people I know
or owe favors to would be taken care of first, and then do with the rest
as I saw fit. Again, people should be allowed to do with their
equipment what they want. Even if they decided to give it to the local
Goodwill, use it as fertilizer or horde it all to themselves, its their
choice. People are too judgemental about this or that collector who
holds on to equipment for the "wrong" reason - who are they to say?
What some people do out of love of the hobby, others do it out of love
of money or power or prestige (not much of that to give in Vector-land,
but you know what I mean...) I would guess most comments like that
come out of jealousy (you have the stuff I want...)

Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled Vector list. (Kinda quiet
these days...)

I'd love to find a schematic to my early series G07 monitor (801) in
Asteroids. I have the later G07 manual (where the power
supply/deflection board are on one), but this is the earlier double
board version.