Re: reproducion artwork...

From: TomW <twisnion_at_enteract.com>
Date: Wed Jul 29 1998 - 10:58:52 EDT

I believe that Herb (Fab Fant) is working on tempest control panel overlay
and marquee's.

As for a prevous msg, about not using poly carb (lexan) for the panels to
prevent cracking.

I've tested several methods of 'protectant' and nothing seems to stand up to
the oils,heat, acids from the human hand. I've tried standard lamination,
which makes the overlay look like a placemat ! (not bad, but the wife didn't
think tapper placemats were cool.) Most inks, are soluable or will wear off
if not protected. I investigate dye sublimation printing, but that was more
expensive than the lexan. Dye sub, wears nicely, but, you still wear thru
the printed material. So for longivity, I think lexan is the way to go.
Thats what my tapper overlays are printed on. www.enteract.com/~twisnion if
you want to see.

I believe that the lexan dries out, and thats why is cracks. I would think
that a new one in a 'home' enviroment, properly cared for, would last. The
next question is, what is proper care. There was a thread going in rgvac
about armor-all drying out the lexan and causing cracking, and others saying
that was not true. I've used armor-all and never had a problem in my
basement, but thats void of light.

Did anyone ever layout/design a vector all in one panel to support clays
sega hack ? I seem to remember on in development. I stink as an artist, but
can get short run stuff printed, cost is about $60 a pop though.

TomW