RE: (Color Asteroids (was reproduction artwork...)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 17:20:10 EDT

> Don't laugh -- you're describing graduate school. Words of an
> advisor:
> "I took apart my lawn tractor and can't get it back together. Could
> you
> fix it for me?" An endless array of bizarre and trivial projects --
> oh
> yeah, and eventually a dissertation defense...

:-) My prof. in grad school (software engineering) always had stuff for
us to work on that looked suspiciously close to the software that his
group at HP was developing... If nothing else it was pretty funny-- one
day in lecture he'd tell us about his current "project" which was a
flowchart->C code generator. Our next term project was the "development
of test tools for a flowchart->C code generator"... I'm sure all of us
combined added up dollars-wise to about one FTE software engineer...

Ob. Vector-- was there anyone working on a redesign of the GO-8 drive
electronics? Seems like with a little bit of work it'd be possible to
make a HV cage (out of something reasonably common like a GO-7 flyback)
that would work in either a GO-8 or a WG61xx with a couple jumper
settings...

-Clay