more downtime for vectorlist

From: Paul Labuda <longhorn_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 18:23:48 EDT

Howdy all,

Looks like we're in for another service outage tomorrow from 9 to 2 Central
US time. Any messages you send will be queued up and sent out once they've
upgraded the software and rebooted mcfeeley.

While I've got your attention, I'd like to gauge interest in prepending
[vectorlist] to the Subject: lines of posts. I had one request for
it months ago, and a very reasonable request *not* to implement
it, as it reduces available bandwidth in the Subject: field.
Please e-mail me your opinion PRIVATELY (do not simply reply to
this message) by e-mailing me at longhorn@ccwf.cc.utexas . Once
the upgrade is complete, I will try to fix things like, say, echoing any
posts back to the sender's inbox. :-) I realize how unnerving it is not
to see verification that your post arrived, believe me, so I will once
again try to turn that feature on when the new version of the list server
is up and running.

ObVector: Uh, lessee, I got Joe his Sundance last post. Anybody wanna sell
(NOT auction!) me a, uh, Tempest or Star Castle cocktail table or a
Quantum? :-)

- Paul Labuda
  longhorn@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
  labuda@dell.com