RE: Star Wars - flyback suggestions?

From: Ed Henciak <ethst3+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 18:19:38 EDT

On a slightly related note, does a cracked flyback mean it's bad? I just
got a WG 6100 (Color XY) HV cage with a flyback that has a small chunk of
plastic missing and a hairline crack halfway down the side. There is no
black tar oozing out of it, and all the components seem fine. I was just
wondering...I really don't want to spend much time on something if it's
definately killed. Thanks!!!

Ed

(Alright, it's not a flyback, but an HV transformer.)